Notice of Funding Opportunity:
Capacity Building -Technology Assessment
Virginia Housing reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that Virginia Housing uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental, and Community Outreach programs.
The purpose of the Capacity Building - Technology Assessment program is to to support the efforts of non-profit organizations and local government offices with Housing focus within the state of Virginia to complete a Technology Needs Assessment of their organization and to gain a clear understand of the organizations technology needs to include cost and implementation timeline. Awards for this grant will not necessarily result in an implementation grant.
- Eligible applicants must be a non-profit organization, unit of local government, or quasi-governmental organization.
- Organizations must be based in Virginia, unless the following conditions apply:
- Organization has a physical office in Virginia.
- Organization provides significant services in Virginia.
- Staff person attending training is based in Virginia.
- Applicants are limited to one Needs Assessment grant every 3 years.
- Applicants are accepted on a first come, first serve bases with the grant closing once all funds have been expended.
- Applicants with an existing or previous Virginia Housing grant must not have any outstanding compliance issue(s) or issues resulting in funds withheld within the twelve (12) months prior to application submission.
- Consultants receiving funds pursuant to this grant may in no way have an existing relationship (current employment, contractual or voluntary) with the organization during the term of this grant.
- Emerging organizations are not eligible. (Emerging is defined as being in existence less than three years and, not having an engaged board, staff, or community, and not being fiscally sound).
Approved Non-profit or government organizations must comply with the Funding Announcement, Application Instructions and Application Certification. See the program handbook for additional details.
Agencies seeking funding should apply to Virginia Housing’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using Virginia Housing’s Grants Management System at www.VHDAGrants.com. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Frank Curbeira, Strategic Housing Officer, at (804) 343-5818.
- Proposed Budget - Maximum request allowed is $10,000 (Awards are based on the availability of Virginia Housing funding. Funds will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Org Chart
- 501(c)3 determination letter or other evidence of eligibility to apply
- Most recent strategic plan
- Consultant Documents
- State Corporation Commission ID Number
- 2 letters of reference
The selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) if approved for funds.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at Grants@Virginia Housing.com for a debriefing within 30 days of approval or denial.