Notice of Funding Opportunity:
Capacity Building -Training
Virginia Housing reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that Virginia Housing uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental, and Community Outreach programs.
The purpose of the Capacity Building -Training grant is to provide training, travel, and hotel reimbursement for attendance and completion of eligible trainings.
Individual Training Requests: support the professional and leadership development of staff employed at eligible organizations.
Organization Hosted Events: Provides funding to allow eligible organizations to host a speaker, consultant, or trainer to provide professional development to a larger group.
- Eligible applicants must be a non-profit organization, unit of local government, or quasi-governmental organization.
- Organizations must be based in Virginia, unless the following conditions apply:
- Organization has a physical office in Virginia.
- Organization provides significant services in Virginia.
- Staff person attending training is based in Virginia.
- Training must be related to carrying out at least one of the following housing-related focuses. This relationship may be secondary, such as training impacting an organizations overall capacity, if the organization addresses one or more of these focuses.
- Creating economically integrated and inclusive housing opportunities including housing options for people with disabilities.
- Planning and Community Development to include significant attention to housing planning needs throughout Virginia.
- Providing services and/or educational opportunities in order to further affordable housing.
Approved Non-profit or government organizations must comply with the Funding Announcement, Application Instructions and Application Certification. Payment is made to eligible organizations and not to individuals. This is a reimbursement grant. The reimbursement claim must be submitted within 30 days from the date of the training. See the program handbook for additional details.
Agencies seeking funding should apply to Virginia Housing’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using Virginia Housing’s Grants Management System at www.VHDAGrants.com. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Grants@VirginiaHousing.com.
The selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) if approved for funds.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at Grants@Virginia Housing.com for a debriefing within 30 days of approval or denial.