Notice of Funding Opportunity:
Event Sponsorship Program
Virginia Housing reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource used to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental, and Community Outreach programs.
The purpose of the Event Sponsorship Program is to assist in the fundraising and educational initiatives of charitable organizations within the housing network in order to assist them in furthering their mission.
Non-profit or government organizations located in the Commonwealth of Virginia are eligible to apply annually under the Event Sponsorship Program.
Organizations must have a housing-related mission and may include:
- Statewide Organizations- up to $30,000
- Regional Organizations- up to $15,000
- Individual Housing Organizations- up to $5,000
Approved organization must comply with the Virginia Housing Event Sponsorship Handbook, attached below.
Applications will be accepted January - April 30, 2023 for eligible events occurring July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024
Agencies seeking funding should apply to VHDA’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using VHDA’s Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com/. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Sponsorships@virginiahousing.com.
- A complete list of all sponsorship levels and benefits; please highlight the sponsorship level requested of Virginia Housing
- Agency authorized official certification (if applicable)
- Documentation of organization status, such as but not limited to Nonprofit determination letter, Organization Charter, Organization By-Laws
- Fiscal agent letter to accompany 501(c)3 determination letter (if applicable): A Fiscal Agent is a 501(c)3 organization serving as the financial lead for an organization or partnership that is not an eligible 501(c)3.
- Proof of Registration from the Office of Charitable and Regulatory Programs (OCRP) of the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs (VDACS).
- OCRP is responsible for the administration of the Virginia Solicitation of Contributions Law (VSOC). Every charitable organization, except as otherwise provided for in the VSOC, which intends to solicit contributions within the Commonwealth or have funds solicited on its behalf, is required to file an initial registration statement with OCRP prior to any solicitation.
- To register or to manage annual registration visit, https://www.vdacs.virginia.gov/food-charitable-solicitation.shtml
- Virginia Housing will verify an organizations status by searching the VDACS Charitable Database . If the organization does not have a current registration status funds will not be disbursed.
The selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) if approved for funds.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at firstname.lastname@example.org for a debriefing within 30 days of approval or denial.
The period of performance for this funding opportunity is July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024.
NOFO Announcement: January 20, 2023
Application Due Date & Time: April 30, 2023 @ 11:59 pm
Award Announcements: No more than ninety (90) days from the submission of the application
(subject to change)