Notice of Funding Opportunity:
Training Assistance: Hotel Scholarships
Virginia Housing reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that Virginia Housing uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental, and Community Outreach programs.
The purpose of the Training Assistance Grant is to provide hotel reimbursement for attendance and completion of a Virginia Housing hosted place based training.
- Non-profit or government organizations located in the Commonwealth of Virginia are eligible to apply under the Training Assistance Grant.
- Organization must be located more than 45 miles from the Virginia Housing hosted placed-based training.
- Attendee must be pre-registered and approved by Virginia Housing to attend the appropriate tracks.
- Attendee must attend all session within the appropriate tracks.
- Attendee must arrive timely, return from breaks timely, and participate fully. No early departure.
Approved Non-profit or government organizations must comply with the Funding Announcement, Application Instructions and Application Certification. Payment is made to eligible organizations and not to individuals. This is a reimbursement grant. The organization is required to make and pay for the hotel reservation. The hotel reimbursement claim must be submitted within 30 days from the date of the training. See the program handbook for additional details.
Agencies seeking funding should apply to Virginia Housing’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using Virginia Housing’s Grants Management System at www.VHDAGrants.com. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Grants@VirginiaHousing.com.
The selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) if approved for funds.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at Grants@Virginia Housing.com for a debriefing within 30 days of approval or denial.