Notice of Funding Opportunity:
Virginia Housing reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource used to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental, and Community Outreach programs.
The purpose of the Event Sponsorship Program is to assist in the fundraising and educational initiatives of charitable organizations within the housing network in order to assist them in furthering their mission.
Non-profit or government organizations located in the Commonwealth of Virginia are eligible to apply under the Event Sponsorship Program.
Organizations must have a housing-related mission and may include:
- Statewide Organizations- up to $30,000
- Multiple events: Up to $30,000
- Single event: up to $15,000
- Regional Organizations- up to $10,000
- Individual Housing Organizations
- Organization Anniversary (10, 15, 20, 25…) up to $5,000
- All Others - up to $2,500
While an agency can apply if it has received an event sponsorship previously, preference is given to agencies that have not received an event sponsorship within the last two years
Approved organization must comply with the Virginia Housing Event Sponsorship Handbook. Click the link below for a detailed explanation of this funding opportunity, disbursement, and other requirements. Event Sponsorship Handbook
Applications will be accepted September – December 31, 2021 for eligible events occurring March 1, 2022 - June 30, 2022
Agencies seeking funding should apply to Virginia Housing's Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using Virginia Housing's Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com/. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Sponsorships@virginiahousing.com.
- Proposed budgets may be up to the organization’s eligibility maximum. Awards are based on alignment with the Event Sponsorship Program’s focus areas, the sponsorship level requested, and the benefit to Virginia Housing
- Non-profit determination letter or Government Charter.
- Fiscal Agent letter (if applicable)
- Proof of Compliance Letter from the Virginia Department of Agriculture And Consumer Services Office Of Charitable And Regulatory Programs
- A complete list of all sponsorship levels and benefits; please highlight the sponsorship level requested of Virginia Housing
The selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) if approved for funds.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at email@example.com for a debriefing within 30 days of approval or denial.
The period of performance for this funding opportunity is March 1, 2022 - June 30, 2022.
NOFO Announcement: September 10, 2021
Application Due Date & Time: December 31, 2021, 11:59pm
Award Announcements: No more than ninety (90) days from the submission of the application
(subject to change)