Notice of Funding Opportunity:
Virginia Housing Continuum of Care Capacity Building Grant Tier 1
REACH Virginia FUNDING OPPORTUNITIY: Virginia Housing reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that Virginia Housing uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental and Community Outreach programs.
The intent of the Continuum of Care (COC) Tier 1 Capacity Building Grant is to fund COC's within the housing network to support the development of a Strategic Plan to aid in expanding efficiency and effectiveness of programs.
- COC's must be physically located in Virginia.
- COC's cannot be an emerging organization, and must have:
COC's must carry out at least one of the following housing-related mission:
- At minimum, three years of operations.
- Engaged leadership and members.
- Ability to demonstrate fiscal soundness and measurable program outcomes.
COC's must align with Virginia Housing’s mission of Helping Virginians Attain Quality, Affordable Housing and vision of becoming the Leading Mobilizing Force for Affordable Housing in Virginia.
The fiscal agent, applying on behalf of the COC, must meet all the requirements of the grant program.
A COC board member must be present with a member of the fiscal agency for onboarding.
- Creating economically integrated and inclusive housing opportunities including affordable housing, workforce housing, mixed-income housing, and/or community-based housing options for people with disabilities and/or
- Planning and Community Development to include significant attention to housing planning needs throughout Virginia, and/or
- Providing services and/or educational opportunities in order to further affordable housing.
Approved COC's must comply with the Virginia Housing Capacity Building Handbook. Click the document below for a detailed explanation of the scope, disbursement, and reporting requirements.
The period of performance for this funding opportunity is twelve (12) months following award.
Virginia Continuum of Care
Agencies seeking funding should apply to Virginia Housing’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using Virginia Housing’s Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com/. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Frank Curbeira, Strategic Housing Officer, at (804) 343-5818.
- Proposed Budget - Maximum request allowed is $20,000 (Awards are based on the availability of Virginia Housing funding. Funds will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Agency authorized official certification
- COC Org Chart
- 501(c)3 determination letter or State Corporation Commission Certification for fiscal agent
- COC's Most recent strategic plan
- Resume of board members, executive director, and senior managers for the COC and the fiscal agent.
- Consultant Documents
- State Corporation Commission ID Number
- D&B Basic Report
- 2 letters of reference
Funds will be awarded based on an assessment of the COC's application and the availability of Virginia Housing funds.
Selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) and a Grant Agreement if approved for funds under the award. Agencies must return the signature page of the Grant Agreement to Virginia Housing with signature by an authorized representative.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at Grants@VirginiaHousing.com for a debriefing within thirty (30) days of approval or denial.
July 1, 2020
Web-Ex Presentation Application Overview
Application Due Date & Time
FY21 open application closes
May 31, 2021; 11:59 PM
Award Announcements (subject to change)
Within 60 days of application submission