Notice of Funding Opportunity:
Community Impact Grant - Multi-Cultural Materials
REACH Virginia FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: Virginia Housing reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that Virginia Housing uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental and Community Outreach programs.
The intent of the Multi-Cultural Materials program is to support the translation of land use documents or any document created via use of Community Impact funds into a language(s) other than English in order to make documents more accessible to all residents within a locality. This includes, but is not limited to: General Plans, Community Plans, Zoning Codes, and Limited Area Plans. Onsite translation/ interpretation services and communication tools such as webinars, websites, and videoconferences are also eligible. The creation of comparable low-literacy documents is also acceptable.
In order to be eligible for funds under the Multi-Cultural Materials Program, organizations must:
- Be physically located in Virginia.
- Have at minimum three (3) years of operations.
- Carry out at least one of the following housing-related focuses:
Align with Virginia Housing’s mission of Helping Virginians Attain Quality, Affordable Housing and align with Virginia Housing's Strategic Direction.
- Creating economically integrated and inclusive housing opportunities including housing options for people with disabilities.
- Planning and Community Development to include significant attention to housing planning needs throughout Virginia.
- Providing services and/or educational opportunities in order to further affordable housing.
- Approved agencies must comply with the Virginia Housing Community Impact Grant Handbook. Click the document below for a detailed explanation of the scope, disbursement, and reporting requirements.
- The budget and period of performance for this grant is twelve (12) months. The approved organization must be able to submit translated documents to Virginia Housing before the last day of the period of performance.
- Emerging organizations are not eligible.
For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Matthew Bolster, Strategic Housing Office, at (804) 343-5631 or Matthew.Bolster@VirginiaHousing.com. All applications must be submitted electronically using the Virginia Housing Grants Management System.
- The proposed budget cannot exceed $15,000.
- Agency authorized official certification
- Nonprofit Determination or proof of eligibility if government or quasi-governmental organization
- Organizational Chart
- Prior year’s audited financial statements, prior year’s reviewed financial statement or two years of financial statements
- Translation quote
- Printing quote
Funds will be awarded based on an assessment of the organization’s application and the availability of Virginia Housing funds.
The selected organization will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) and a Grant Agreement if approved for funds under the award.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at Grants@VirginiaHousing.com for a debriefing within thirty (30) days of approval or denial.