Notice of Funding Opportunity:
Virginia Housing Capacity Building Grant Tier 2
REACH Virginia FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: Virginia Housing reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that Virginia Housing uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental and Community Outreach programs.
The intent of the Tier 2 Capacity Building Grant is to fund non-profit organizations and local government within the housing network for intensive training related to key focus areas in capacity building.
- Organizations must be physically located in Virginia.
- The organization cannot be an emerging organization. The organization must have:
The organization must carry out at least one of the following housing-related mission:
- At a minimum, three years of operations.
- Engaged leadership, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to demonstrate fiscal soundness and measurable program outcomes.
The organization must align with Virginia Housing's mission of Helping Virginians Attain Quality, Affordable Housing, and Virginia Housing’s Strategic Direction.
- Creating economically integrated and inclusive housing opportunities including affordable housing, workforce housing, mixed-income housing, and/or community-based housing options for people with disabilities and/or
- Planning and Community Development to include significant attention to housing planning needs throughout Virginia, and/or
- Providing services and/or educational opportunities in order to further affordable housing.
Approved agencies must comply with the Virginia Housing’s Capacity Building Handbook. Click the document below for a detailed explanation of the scope, disbursement, and reporting requirements.
Approved agencies must also utilize a Participating Consultant for its capacity building training. A list of Participating Consultants is located in the Virginia Housing Capacity Building Handbook. Organizations should contact a Participating Consultant after completing its pre-assessments and receiving its scores from Virginia Housing. Participating Consultants may take up to sixty (60) days to provide the applicant with the required Recommendation Report.
The period of performance for this funding opportunity is eighteen (18) months following award.
The budget period for this funding opportunity is twelve (12) months following award.
Agencies seeking funding should apply to Virginia Housing’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using Virginia Housing’s Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com/. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Frank Curbeira, Strategic Housing Officer, at (804) 343-5818.
- Proposed Budget - Maximum request allowed is $25,000 (up to $15,000 for the participating consultant, not to exceed $12,500 for implementation items). Awards are based on the availability of Virginia Housing funding.
- Agency authorized official certification
- Org Chart
- 501(c)3 determination letter
- Most recent strategic plan
- Organizational Chart
- Prior year's audited financial statements, prior year's reviewed financial statements, or two years of financial statements
- Travel policy
- Resume of all board members, executive director, and senior managers
- Participating Consultant Recommendation Report
- Completed Pre-Assessments from 5 parties (two board members, two senior staff, and another person). Assessments may be completed online at Pre-Assessment.
Funds will be awarded based on an assessment of the agency’s application and the availability of Virginia Housing funds.
Selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) and a Grant Agreement if approved for funds under the award. Agencies must return the signature page of the Grant Agreement to Virginia Housing with signature by an authorized representative.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at Grants@virginiahousing.com for a debriefing within thirty (30) days of approval or denial.
Funding Announcement: July, 2020
Deadline: Open application closes May 31, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
Recorded Webinar Training:
Award Announcements: Within 60 days of application submission.