Notice of Funding Opportunity:
VHDA Event Sponsorship
VHDA reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that VHDA uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental, and Community Outreach programs.
The purpose of the VHDA Event Sponsorship is to assist in the fundraising and educational initiatives of charitable organizations within the housing network in order to assist them in furthering their mission.
Non-profit or government organizations located in the Commonwealth of Virginia are eligible to apply under the Event Sponsorship Program.
Organizations must have a housing-related mission and may include:
- Statewide Organizations- up to $30,000
- Multiple events: Up to $30,000
- Single event: up to $15,000
- Regional Organizations- up to $10,000
- Individual Housing Organizations
- Organization Anniversary (10, 15, 20, 25…) up to $5,000
- All Others - up to $2,500
While an agency can apply if it has received an event sponsorship previously, preference is given to agencies that have not received an event sponsorship within the last two years
Approved organization must comply with the VHDA Event Sponsorship Handbook. The Handbook is attached to this announcement
Below are the three funding rounds for FY21, please ensure that your event date is eligible for the funding round you are applying in. For example, if your event is December 5, 2020 you may apply in either Round 1 or Round 2.
- FY21 Application Round 1 is open January 2020 – April 2020 and funds events held July 2020 – June 2021.
- FY21 Application Round 2 is open May 2020 – August 2020 and funds events held November 2020 – June 2021.
- FY21 Application Round 3 is open September 2020 – December 2020 and funds events held March 2021 – June 2021
Agencies seeking funding should apply to VHDA’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using VHDA’s Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com/. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact VHDAsponsorships@vhda.com.
- Proposed budgets may be up to the organization’s eligibility maximum. Awards are based on alignment with the Event Sponsorship Program’s focus areas, the sponsorship level requested, and the benefit to VHDA
- Non-profit determination letter or Government Charter.
- Fiscal Agent letter (if applicable)
- Proof of Compliance Letter from the Virginia Department of Agriculture And Consumer Services Office Of Charitable And Regulatory Programs
- A complete list of all sponsorship levels and benefits; please highlight the sponsorship level requested of VHDA
The selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) if approved for funds.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at firstname.lastname@example.org for a debriefing within 30 days of approval or denial.
The period of performance for this funding opportunity is July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021.
January 2, 2020
Application Due Date & Time
April 30, 2020
(subject to change)
No more than ninety (90) days from the submission of the application