Combined Housing Counseling Application - Complete this application to apply for HUD and/or Housing Counseling and Education (HCE) Funds
Notice of Funding Opportunity:
VHDA HUD Housing Counseling Grant
The intent of the VHDA HUD Housing Counseling Grant is to fund HUD-approved Housing Counseling Programs to educate families and individuals in order to help them make smart decisions regarding improving their housing situation and meeting the responsibilities of tenancy and homeownership. Grant funds should be used to supplement an agency’s housing counseling program, not be the sole source of funding. This grant is to be funded subject to the release of HUD funding.
- HUD Approved Local Housing Counseling Agencies or HUD Approved Participating Housing Counseling Agencies
- Local Housing Counseling Agencies must have their designation in place prior to the release of this NOFO.
- Participating Housing Counseling Agencies must have their designation in place prior to the release of this NOFO.
Approved agencies must comply with the VHDA HUD Housing Counseling Handbook and the HUD Housing Counseling Handbook. Click the link below for a detailed explanation of the scope of housing counseling and group education services allowed under this funding opportunity, disbursement and reporting requirements.
The period of performance for this funding opportunity is anticipated to be October 1, 2019-March 31, 2021.
Agencies seeking funding should apply to VHDA’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using VHDA’s Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com/. For questions regarding this funding opportunity, or assistance with application submission, contact Frank Curbeira, Strategic Housing Officer, at (804) 343-5818.
- Housing Counseling and Education Goals
- Proposed Budget- Proposed budgets may not exceed $60,000. Awards are based on agency capacity, previous performance, and the availability of HUD funding. This is a competitive grant.
- Agency authorized official certification
- Housing Counseling Workplan
- Financial statements - an independent financial audit must be submitted with the application
- Travel policy
- Indirect cost rate documentation
Funds will be awarded based on an assessment of the agency’s application and the availability of HUD funds.
Selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) and a Sub-grantee Agreement if approved for funds under the award. Agencies must return the Sub-grantee Agreement to VHDA with signature by an authorized representative.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at firstname.lastname@example.org for a debriefing within thirty (30) days of approval or denial.