Notice of Funding Opportunity:
VHDA Homeless Assistance Grant - 2020 Don Ritenour Charity Golf Classic
Since 1993, VHDA has hosted the Don Ritenour Charity Golf Classic in order to bring awareness to and raise funds for organizations working to end homelessness in Virginia. Funds from the Don Ritenour Charity Golf Classic make this grant available.
The intent of the VHDA Homeless Assistance Grant is to fund organizations that primarily serve families and individuals experiencing homelessness, individuals fleeing domestic violence as described in the HEARTH Act, and provide emergency shelter and/or permanent supporting housing services. Grant funds should be used to supplement an organization’s program, not be the sole source of funding.
501(c)3 non-profit organizations and local governments are eligible.
The organization must be physically located in the Commonwealth of Virginia and must provide one of the following services:
- An emergency shelter serving individuals and/or families experiencing homelessness
- An emergency shelter serving victims fleeing domestic violence or human trafficking
- Rapid rehousing serving homeless individuals and/or families
- HUD-VASH, Grant and Per diem, or SSVF program serving homeless veterans
Approved organizations must comply with the VHDA Homeless Assistance Program Handbook. Click the Handbook below for a detailed explanation of the scope of services allowed under this funding opportunity, disbursement and reporting requirements.
The period of performance for this funding opportunity is July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021.
Organizations seeking funding should apply to VHDA’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using VHDA’s Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com/. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Sue Armstrong, Strategic Housing Officer, at 804-343-5550.
- Program Goals
- Proposed Budget- Proposed budgets must be in the amount of $15,000.00. Awards are based on the availability of VHDA funding.
- Agency authorized official certification
- Certification from Continuum of Care or Balance of State Local Planning Group lead agency
- Point-in-time Count
- Organizational Chart
- 501(c)3 determination letter
- Financial statements - an independent financial audit must be submitted with the application
- Travel policy
- Indirect cost rate documentation
Five organizations will be selected for awards. One organization will be selected from each of the three regions defined in the Virginia Continuum of Care Region Map and two organizations will be selected from the Virginia Balance of State Continuum of Care Local Planning Groups Map.
Virginia Continuum of Care Region Map
Virginia Balance of State Continuum of Care Local Planning Groups Map
Selected organizations will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) and a Grant Agreement if approved for funds. Organizations must return the Grant Agreement to VHDA with signature by an authorized representative.
The executive director of each selected organization will be invited to the Don Ritenour Charity Golf Classic and is required to be present during the award presentation.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at email@example.com for a debriefing within thirty (30) days of approval or denial.
November 1, 2019
WebEx Presentation Application Overview
Application Due Date & Time
January 15, 2020; 11:59 PM
Award Announcements (subject to change)
| March 16, 2020