Notice of Funding Opportunity:
VHDA Community Impact Grant - Innovative Demonstrations
REACH Virginia FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: VHDA reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that VHDA uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental and Community Outreach programs.
The intent of the Innovative Demonstration Grant is to spur affordable single family and mixed use housing development by supporting technological innovations to reduce construction costs in the homebuilding industry. Awards will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
To be eligible for funds under the Innovative Demonstration Community Impact Grant, organizations must be a non-profit organization and:
- Be physically located in Virginia.
- Have at minimum five (5) years of operations.
- Carry out at least one of the following housing-related focuses:
- Creating economically integrated and inclusive housing opportunities including housing options for people with disabilities.
- Planning and Community Development to include significant attention to housing planning.
- Align with VHDA’s mission of Helping Virginians Attain Quality, Affordable Housing and align with VHDA's Strategic Direction.
Requests for funds under the Innovative Demonstration Community Impact Grant must fall within one of the following project types. VHDA reserves the right to reject funding requested for any applications that are outside the focus areas listed below:
- Innovative Development
- Innovative Materials
- Approved agencies must comply with the VHDA Community Impact Grant Handbook. Click the document below for a detailed explanation of the scope, disbursement, and reporting requirements.
- The budget and period of performance for this grant is twelve (12) months from grant award.
For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Matthew Bolster, Strategic Housing Office, at (804) 343-5631 or Matthew.Bolster@vhda.com. All applications must be submitted electronically using the VHDA Grants Management System. The proposed budget may not exceed $500,000.
The following must be attached to the application:
- Agency authorized official certification
- Nonprofit Determination
- Prior years audited financial statements
- Three qualified bids for contractor fees
Funds will be awarded based on an assessment of the organization’s application and the availability of VHDA funds. The selected organization will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) and a Grant Agreement if approved for funds under the award.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at firstname.lastname@example.org for a debriefing within thirty (30) days of approval or denial.