VHDA Housing Counseling and Education Grant Rental Education Focus Area
REACH Virginia FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: VHDA reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that VHDA uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental and Community Outreach programs.
The intent of the Housing Counseling and Education (HCE) Rental Education Focus Grant is to support the education and training of tenants, or those considering renting, in order to increase the number of successful renters. Grant funds must supplement an agency’s housing counseling program, and not be the sole source of funding.
- HUD Approved Local Housing Counseling Agencies, HUD Approved Participating Housing Counseling Agencies, HUD Approved Multi-State Organizations doing business in Virginia, or National intermediaries with Virginia branches are eligible to apply.
- Agency must be in good standing with both the VHDA HUD Housing Counseling and Education Grant and the FY19 VHDA Housing Counseling and Education Grant.
- Agency must be awarded an FY20 VHDA Housing Counseling and Education Grant.
Approved agencies must comply with the VHDA HCE Handbook and the HUD Housing Counseling Handbook.
Click on the attachments in the opportunity section of this funding opportunity to access the HCE handbook for a detailed explanation of the scope of services and requirements under this funding opportunity, disbursement and reporting requirements.
The period of performance for this funding opportunity is October 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020.
Agencies seeking funding should apply to VHDA’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using VHDA’s Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contactFrank Curbeira, Strategic Housing Officer, at (804) 343-5818.
- Tenant on-time payment rate and form 2130 lease compliance for the past six (6) months
- Incentive Group Goals
- Proposed Budget – Agencies may request up to $10,000 for the client incentive, a $30,000 stipend for the agency, and $10,000 for the property manager stipend. Note, the maximum incentive per household is $500.
Selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) and an addendum to their Grant Agreement if approved for funds under the award. Agencies must return the signed addendum to VHDA with signature by an authorized representative.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at email@example.com for a debriefing within thirty (30) days of approval or denial.
September 1 - Opportunity Opens
January 31, 2020; 11:59 PM - Application deadline