VHDA Housing Counseling and Education Grant Credit Focus Area
REACH Virginia FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: VHDA reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that VHDA uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental and Community Outreach programs.
The intent of Housing Counseling and Education (HCE) Credit Focus Grant is to improve the credit score and financial stability of clients receiving counseling and education services. Grant funds must supplement an agency’s housing counseling program, and not be the sole source of funding.
- HUD Approved Local Housing Counseling Agencies, HUD Approved Participating Housing Counseling Agencies, HUD Approved Multi-State Organizations doing business in Virginia, or National intermediaries with Virginia branches are eligible to apply.
- Agency must be in good standing with both the VHDA HUD Housing Counseling and Education Grant and the FY19 VHDA Housing Counseling and Education Grant.
- Agency must have been awarded FY19 Credit Improvement funds
- Agency must be awarded an FY20 VHDA Housing Counseling and Education Grant.
Approved agencies must comply with the VHDA HCE Handbook and the HUD Housing Counseling Handbook.
Click on the attachments in the opportunity section of this funding opportunity to access the FY19 HCE handbook for a detailed explanation of the scope of services and requirements under this funding opportunity, disbursement and reporting requirements.
The period of performance for this funding opportunity is July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020.
Agencies seeking funding should apply to VHDA’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using VHDA’s Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Keith Sherrill, Grant Program Officer, at (804) 343-5735.
- Incentive and Control Group Goals
- Proposed Budget –
- Agencies that served the total number of clients listed in their FY19 Credit Improvement Focus Area application may request up to $20,000 for the client incentive and a $5,000 stipend. Note, maximum incentive per household is $2,000.
- Agencies that served less than the total number of clients listed in their FY19 Credit Improvement Focus Area may request the balance of its unexpended funds. Agency is not eliglbe for stipend.
- Agencies that did not serve any clients under FY19 Credit Improvement Focus Area award period may request up to $10,000 for the client incentive and a $5,000 stipend. Note, maximum incentive per household is $2,000.
Selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) and an addendum to their Grant Agreement if approved for funds under the award. Agencies must return the signed addendum to VHDA with signature by an authorized representative.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at email@example.com for a debriefing within thirty (30) days of approval or denial.
May 6 - Opportunity Opens
May 9; 2:00 PM - webex
May 31; 11:59 PM - Application deadline