Notice of Funding Opportunity:
Training Assistance: Neighborworks - Hotel Reimbursement
VHDA reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that VHDA uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental, and Community Outreach programs.
The purpose of the Training Assistance Grant is to provide hotel reimbursement for attendance and completion of a VHDA hosted place based training.
Non-profit or government organizations located in the Commonwealth of Virginia are eligible to apply under the Training Assistance Grant.
- Organization is located more than 45 miles from Virginia Housing Center, 4224 Cox Rd. Glen Allen Virginia 23060
- Attendee must be pre-registered and approved by VHDA to attend one or more of the below tracks:
- HFH-VHDA Annual Meeting & Training (08/27/2019)
- HFH-VHDA Annual Meeting & Training (08/28/2019)
- (Hotel scholarships are not available if you are only attending the VHDA/HFH Train-the-Trainer Class)
- Attendees must attend all sessions within the approved track.
- Attendees must arrive timely, return from breaks timely and participate fully. No early departure.
- The grant will only cover room rate and room tax. No incidental costs will be covered.
- Room rate cannot exceed $159.00 (does not include taxes)
Approved Non-profit or government organizations must comply with the Funding Announcement, Application Instructions and Application Certification. Payment will only be made to eligible organizations and not to individuals. This is a reimbursement grant. The organization will be required to make and pay for the hotel reservations. The hotel reimbursement claim must be submitted within 30 days from the date of the hotel stay.
Organizations can only put in one application for multiple staff
Applications will be accepted May 27, 2019 – July 16, 2019
The period of performance for this funding opportunity is August 1, 2019 – September 15, 2019.
Due to the number of applications for reimbursement VHDA reserves the right to limited as indicated below.
- Two (2) hotel accommodations per organization
Agencies seeking funding should apply to VHDA’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using VHDA’s Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com/. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The hotel request may cover up to 2 days. See below:
- HFH-VHDA Annual Meeting & Training (8/27/2019). Check-in on Monday, August 26th and check-out on Tuesday, August 27th. One-night stay.
- VHDA-Habitat Train-the-Trainer Class only. No hotel reimbursement.
- HFH-VHDA Annual Meeting & Training (8/28/2019) Check-in on Tuesday, August 27th and check-out on Wednesday August 29th. One-night stay.
- HFH-VHDA Annual Meeting & Training (8/27/2019 and 8/28/2019). Check-in on Monday, August 26th and check-out on Wednesday, August 29th. Two overnight stays.
(attendance may or may not include the VHDA-Habitat Train-the-Trainer class)
The selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) if approved for funds.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at email@example.com for a debriefing within 30 days of approval or denial.