Notice of Funding Opportunity:
VHDA Event Sponsorship
VHDA reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that VHDA uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental, and Community Outreach programs.
The purpose of the VHDA Event Sponsorship is to assist in the fundraising and educational initiatives of charitable organizations within the housing network in order to assist them in furthering their mission.
Non-profit or government organizations located in the Commonwealth of Virginia are eligible to apply under the Event Sponsorship Program.
Organizations must have a housing-related mission and may include:
- Statewide Organizations- up to $30,000
- Multiple events: Up to $30,000
- Single event: up to $15,000
- Regional Organizations- up to $10,000
- Individual Housing Organizations
- Significant Milestones (5 year, 10 year, etc.) - up to $5,000
- All Others - up to $2,500
While an agency can apply if it has received an event sponsorship previously, preference is given to agencies that have not received an event sponsorship within the last two years
Approved organization must comply with the VHDA Event Sponsorship Handbook. Click the link below for a detailed explanation of this funding opportunity, disbursement, and other requirements. Event Sponsorship Handbook
Applications will be accepted January – April 30th 2019.
The period of performance for this funding opportunity is July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020.
Agencies seeking funding should apply to VHDA’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using VHDA’s Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com/. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact VHDAsponsorships@vhda.com.
- Proposed budgets may be up to the organization’s eligibility maximum. Awards are based on alignment with the Event Sponsorship Program’s focus areas, the sponsorship level requested, the benefit to VHDA, the organization’s experience, and the organization’s service area. This is a competitive grant.
- Non-profit determination letter or Government Charter.
- Fiscal Agent letter (if applicable)
- Proof of Compliance Letter from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs
- A complete list of all sponsorship levels and benefits; please highlight the sponsorship level requested of VHDA
The selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) if approved for funds.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at firstname.lastname@example.org for a debriefing within 30 days of approval or denial.
January 16, 2019
Application Due Date & Time
April 30, 2019
(subject to change)
No more than ninety (90) days from the application due date referenced above