Notice of Funding Opportunity:
VHDA Capacity Building Grant Tier 2
REACH Virginia FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: VHDA reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that VHDA uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental and Community Outreach programs.
The intent of the Tier 2 Capacity Building Grant is to fund non-profit organizations and local government within the housing network for intensive training related to key focus areas in capacity building.
- Organizations must be physically located in Virginia.
- The organization cannot be an emerging organization. The organization must have:
The organization must carry out at least one of the following housing-related mission:
- At a minimum, three years of operations.
- Engaged leadership, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to demonstrate fiscal soundness and measurable program outcomes.
The organization must align with VHDA’s mission of Helping Virginians Attain Quality, Affordable Housing, and VHDA's Strategic Direction.
- Creating economically integrated and inclusive housing opportunities including affordable housing, workforce housing, mixed-income housing, and/or community-based housing options for people with disabilities and/or
- Planning and Community Development to include significant attention to housing planning needs throughout Virginia, and/or
- Providing services and/or educational opportunities in order to further affordable housing.
Approved agencies must comply with the VHDA Capacity Building Handbook. Click the document below for a detailed explanation of the scope, disbursement, and reporting requirements.
Approved agencies must also utilize a Participating Consultant for its capacity building training. A list of Participating Consultants is located in the VHDA Capacity Building Handbook.
The period of performance for this funding opportunity is eighteen (18) months following award.
The budget period for this funding opportunity is twelve (12) months following award.
Agencies seeking funding should apply to VHDA’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using VHDA’s Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com/. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Frank Curbeira, Strategic Housing Officer, at (804) 343-5818.
- Proposed Budget - Maximum request allowed is $25,000 (Awards are based on the availability of VHDA funding).
- Agency authorized official certification
- Org Chart
- 501(c)3 determination letter
- Most recent strategic plan
- Travel policy
- Resume of board members, executive director, and senior managers
- Participating Consultant Recommendation Report
- Completed Pre-Assessments from 5 parties (two board members, two senior staff, and another person). Assessments may be completed online at Pre-Assessment.
Funds will be awarded based on an assessment of the agency’s application and the availability of VHDA funds.
Selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) and a Grant Agreement if approved for funds under the award. Agencies must return the signature page of the Grant Agreement to VHDA with signature by an authorized representative.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at email@example.com for a debriefing within thirty (30) days of approval or denial.
Funding Announcement: July 2, 2018
Deadline: Open application closes June 21, 2019, at 11:59 p.m.
Recorded Webinar Training:
Award Announcements: Within 60 days of application submission.