Notice of Funding Opportunity:
VHDA Capacity Building Grant Tier 1
REACH Virginia FUNDING OPPORTUNITIY: VHDA reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that VHDA uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental and Community Outreach programs.
The intent of the Tier 1 Capacity Building Grant is to fund non-profit organizations and developers within the housing network to support the development of a Strategic Plan or Succession Management Plan to aid in expanding efficiency and effectiveness of programs.
- Organization’s headquarters must be physically located in Virginia.
- Organization cannot be an emerging organization. Organization must have:
Organization must carry out at least one of the following housing-related mission:
- At minimum, two years of operations.
- Engaged leadership, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to demonstrate fiscal soundness and measurable program outcomes.
Organization must align with VHDA’s mission of Helping Virginians Attain Quality, Affordable Housing and vision of becoming the Leading Mobilizing Force for Affordable Housing in Virginia.
- Creating economically integrated and inclusive housing opportunities including affordable housing, workforce housing, mixed-income housing, and/or community-based housing options for people with disabilities and/or
- Planning and Community Development to include significant attention to housing planning needs throughout Virginia, and/or
- Providing services and/or educational opportunities in order to further affordable housing.
Approved agencies must comply with the VHDA Capacity Building Handbook. Click the document below for a detailed explanation of the scope, disbursement, and reporting requirements.
The period of performance for this funding opportunity is twelve (12) months following award.
Agencies seeking funding should apply to VHDA’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using VHDA’s Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com/. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Frank Curbeira, Strategic Housing Officer, at (804) 343-5818.
- Proposed Budget - Maximum request allowed is $20,000 (Awards are based on the availability of VHDA funding. Funds will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Agency authorized official certification
- Org Chart
- 501(c)3 determination letter or State Corporation Commission Certification
- Most recent strategic plan
- Resume of board members, executive director, and senior managers
- Consultant Documents
- State Corporation Commission ID Number
- D&B Basic Report
- 2 letters of reference
Funds will be awarded based on an assessment of the agency’s application and the availability of VHDA funds.
Selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) and a Grant Agreement if approved for funds under the award. Agencies must return the signature page of the Grant Agreement to VHDA with signature by an authorized representative.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at email@example.com for a debriefing within thirty (30) days of approval or denial.
September 11, 2017
Web-Ex Presentation Application Overview
Application Due Date & Time
FY18 open application closes 6/21/19
Award Announcements (subject to change)
Within 60 days of application submission